Pick An Olive!
7 days Agrotourism/ Cultural Guided Tour
Known since antiquity, the most beloved tree of Greece, eternal symbol of Peace, Victory, Honour and Unity will accompany us in our in depth culture trip in the South Peloponnese and allow us come into contact with the best historical and natural sites of this legendary region.
This does not mean this is an exlusively olive-picking holiday in Greece but it will give us the pleasure of experiencing for half a day the picking of olives, putting all the olives in linen sacks and transferring them to the press mill, seeing and participating in the whole process and tasting the first oil coming out of the machine. Then a hot soup of beans“fasolada”is waiting for us by the home fireplace together with a fresh salad, local pies and Kayanas“tsigarida”or “syglina” accompanied by local wines.
We leave the hospitable house holding in our hands a bottle of our produced olive oil and a box of olives.
We start then on a beautiful route to get to know a big part of the Peloponnese and its enormous cultural background through an unforgettable Pick an Olive experience.
Why you’ll love this tour
- Olive oil tasting and picking up olives experience in the region of Messinia combined with a city break in Kalamata and a visit to the very well preserved site of Ancient Messini
- Visit the Argolic plain of Hercules, Perseus and Agamemnon. The glorious Mycenae surrounded by massive “cyclopean walls”, Argos and the theater of Ancient Epidavros, famous for its symmetry and beauty and admired for its exceptional acoustics
- Walk into the narrow streets of the romantic Nauplion, the first capital of Greece
- Taste the exquisite Arcadian wines in high quality boutique wineries.
- Travel back in time in Monemvasia, the uniquely preserved medieval castle – city. Walk this carved in stone city of knights, crusaders emperors and pirates!
- Discover the glorious city of Sparta and walk up Mystras byzantine castle city
- Explore the entrance of the Underworld! Get on the boat and discover a cave of unique beauty, formed by stalactites and stalagmites. The Diros caves in Mani.
- Get acquainted with the most hidden secrets of the Mani peninsula
- Reach Cape Tainaron, the 2nd southernmost tip of continental Europe (Matapan) – 35 minutes Walk until the symbolic edge of the cliff.
- Enjoy your coffee at Pylos and visit the Palace of Nestor and the beach of Voidokilia
- Visit the birth place of the Olympic Games in the Arcaeological site and the stadium of Ancient Olympia
- Finally, on the way back to Athens cross the mountainous utopian Arcadia and taste the ambrosial local wine variety “Moschofilero” accompanied by delicious local cheeses
• 6 overnight stays in double / twin rooms (single + 180 €)
• 6 breakfasts
• 7 lunches with a soft drink or beer or local wine (250 g)
• 2 dinners in traditional taverns with a soft drink or beer or local wine (500 g)
• Luxury minivan or Car or 4wd SUV
• Hotel pick up services
|Entrance fees included|
• Tickets in caves
• Olive oil museum
• Wine Tasting
• Olive oil tasting and picking up olives experience in the region of Messinia combined with a city break in Kalamata
• 30mins of undercave boat trip