Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for choosing to travel with Epos Travel & Tours!
Booking a trip is never easy! Vacation should be the time of the year when all problems and stress are wiped away. We are constantly working in that direction in order to ensure you an enjoyable and memorable travel. Here you will find general information regarding our tours, the methods of payments offered, documents needed, as well as some information to help you travel with real ease and stress free.
Sometimes, depending on your country of origin, a visa is required. Visas for Greece are not required for passport holders of the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada.Visas can take several weeks to process, so be aware of any requirements as soon as you have booked your trip to allow for processing time.
Note: During your stay in Greece, if you require a Visa, you are advised to have suitable insurance coverage for emergency medical or other needs.
The EURO (€) is the official currency of Greece as part of the European Union.
Please make sure you’ve read your trip details thoroughly so you know what’s included in the trip price and what isn’t.
We recommend you carry some cash to pay for meals, entrances fees and other services that are not included in your trip, as detailed in the trip information – Inclusions section.
Booking with Epos Travel & Tours should be safe and easy, and safe and easy it is.
We offer 3 payment methods:
1) via the ePOS Paycenter platform of Piraeus bank (You can use debit, credit or prepaid Visa card, MasterCard and Maestro card of any Greek or foreign bank, as well as Diners, Discover and American Express cards)
2) via Paypal ( with or without a registered account)
3) via bank transfer where an option of a 40% deposit is available until 40 days before the commencement of the tour. In this case, please make sure you send us the payment receipt and your transaction ID from your bank to email@example.com
All our Epic Tours offered are by accompanied by one of our local English speaker group guides. The aim of the group guide is to take the hassle out of your trip and to help you have the best experience possible.
The guide has excellent knowledge of the places visited and will provide you information throughout the whole trip, including historical, cultural and social aspects. Your guide takes care of all the essential things of the tour, offers suggestions for things to do and see and introduces you to the local communities.
Meeting and finishing point: Most of our tours -unless otherwise stated in the trip’s information section- start and end at Syntagma square in Athens. Tours commence at 08:00 on the starting date and finish between 21:00 and 22:00 on the finishing point. Please note: In case you leave Greece on the day the tour ends,it is advisable to book your return flight at least 3 hours after our scheduled return time. That will give you the tranquillity and ease of mind, avoiding any unfortunate events that could blemish you vacation.
When you book with us, please have in mind that our tours don’t include any accommodation before or after the tour. So we advise you to make any stay arrangements for the date the tour ends. In relation to your arrival date and your stay in a hotel in Athens or in another city for one or more days before or after the trips, please feel free to contact us and we shall arrange it at no cost.
With regard to your transfer to and from the airport, we are able to help, if you ask us about it. We can arrange a private transfer from the airport to your hotel in Athens and vice versa 24/7. Your private driver will be waiting for you at the exit of the airport, holding a placard with your name on it.
Regarding the issue of your air ticket you know that the sooner you buy it the more cheap it comes. You are most likely to find lower prices in your home country. But it is worth trying together.
Please check if you belong in one of the Free or Reduced admission categories below.
Free admission for:
• Members of the Chamber of Fine Arts of Greece and equivalent Chambers of member-states of the EU, upon presentation of their membership card
• Members of the ICOM-ICOMOS, upon presentation of their membership card
• Students of University – Higher Education Institutes, Technological Educational Institutes, Military Schools or equivalent Schools of EU member states, as well as Schools of Guides, upon presentation of their student identity card
• Young people, up to the age of 18, upon presentation of their Identity Card or passport for age confirmation.
Reduced admission for:
• Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union who are over 65 years old, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin
• Students of University – Higher Education Institutes, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent Schools of countries from outside the European Union, upon presentation of their student ID cards
Concerning the transportation, our company cooperates with leading transfer companies which use vehicles of the latest technology with the most stringent standards. All minivans are equipped with comfortable seats, air condition and large windows.
Our experienced drivers will do everything they can so that your transfer be safe and pleasant.
In all our Epic tours offered, we have made an effort to include as many attractions as possible, therefore reducing our stay in the bus to the minimum, by making many stops.
When it comes to meals, Epos Travel & Tours strikes a perfect balance, since gastronomy is one of the main aspects of the total tour experience offered.
We include most meals (at selected seaside or traditional taverns) to save you time and money, yet we also leave enough free time so you can sample Greece’s gastronomic delights on your own.
Epos travel packages vary as to the number of meals included.All provided meals are clearly stated on the tours’s inclusions section.
As most of our hotels offer anything from coffee to a full breakfast, you can start the day the way you like best with high quality local products.
Lunch is your chance to make culinary discoveries of your own – Your tour guide can give you tips about recommended places if asked.
When your itinerary includes a special experience, such as fishing on a hired boat or wine tasting, lunch will be included.
Please note that if you have any special dietary requirements you should inform us prior to the trip. We can provide vegetarian and vegan meals. Please feel free to contact us, regarding any questions you may have about food, so we can provide you the best options possible.
We use a minimum three-star rating,conveniently located hotels and apartments with all the essential modern conveniences. Lodges that practice good eco-tourism, use products and hire staff from the local villages, walk lightly on the surrounding environment and are true to the area they represent.
Accommodation on all our trips is on a twin or double bed basis. Single upgrades are available upon request and depend on availability.